Here I experimented with typography. I wanted to practise with different effects to see what I could create to use on my final front cover. It also gave me a chance to increase my skills on Photoshop which I could also use in making up my final cover. I used a big P for pollution at first which I then used to work around. I layered it onto the image then adjusted it’s opacity so it could be seen through the image. I used the word pollution and awareness to experiment with.
Down the side I used the word aware. To create the effect you can see I wrote my text out as normal and used a blend tool on Photoshop to stretch and blur the text. This was the effect I wanted to try and create. I thought it would look like like a deep dark shadow in the water, maybe even thick stodgy oil.
I also had a go at duplicating a word and experimenting with the opacity of it and far away it was from the original. I looked at inner and out glows which would also work as a good effect for this type of magazine.